Our Pulsed-Light System removes hair quickly, comfortably, and with long-lasting results. Tired of shaving or waxing? Please contact us to set up an appointment for a free consultation to confirm you are a candidate for a Laser Hair Removal & Pricing. Ask about our specials.
Laser Hair Removal
The Old Solutions
If you live with unwanted hair, you’ve probably tried some of the typical solutions, such as shaving, waxing, and electrolysis. If so, you’ve also found that:
- Shaving is a daily nuisance.
- Waxing is painful and only a short-term solution.
- Electrolysis is effective, but time-consuming. Since it only treats one hair follicle at a time, it’s not practical for large areas.
The Pulsed Light Alternative
Pulsed Light offers a lasting solution for unwanted hair:
- Permanent: Concentrated pulses of light loosen the hair and disable the cells responsible for new hair growth.
- Fast: Small areas, such as the underarms or upper lip, can be treated in 10 minutes or less.
- Comfortable: Various cooling methods keep the light pulses mild and skin-safe, allowing for more comfortable treatments than electrolysis and waxing.
- Convenient: Unlike waxing, there is no need to let hair grow out between treatments. You can remain hair free all the time.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Pulsed Light work?
A specialized hand-piece filters light from different parts of the spectrum. Different treatments such as hair reduction, sun spot removal, or leg vein clearance require light of different wavelength bands.
The Pulsed Light hair removal hand-piece emits pulses of light into the hair follicles. The light is absorbed by the pigment in the follicles and converted to heat. The heat then loosens the hair and disables the cells responsible for growing new hair.
How is pulsed light different from a laser?
Pulsed light systems and lasers are very similar, but Pulsed Light systems use a much larger treatment window than most lasers. This spreads light over a wider area of skin and allows faster coverage of the skin, resulting in quicker treatments.
What body areas can I get treated?
Any area, except around the eyes. The upper lip, face, neck, underarms, bikini line, legs, chest, and back can all be treated.
What are the treatments like?
Your treatment provider will move the hand-piece over your skin, pulsing it all the while. Each pulse will send a beam of light through your skin. A flashing light, an audible tone, and a mild sensation on the skin will tell you when the hand-piece is being pulsed.
What should I expect after treatment?
- The treated hair will continue to appear for 7-30 days post-treatment. This is not new hair growth, but the treated hairs being expelled from the skin.
- At any time, some of your hair is not in a phase of active growth. Therefore you will need more than one treatment to affect the growth of all of your unwanted hair. Several treatments will be necessary to achieve permanent hair reduction.